4 questions to ask at the end of the yearDec 12, 2023
As we approach the end of 2023, I see a lot of posts encouraging the “sprint” into 2024:
“There are X days left in 2023! Make them count!”
I used to feel the pressure of these calls.
Now, I smile, shake my head, and get on with what I was doing—whether that’s working or resting.
I don't know about you, but I get tired of pushing, forcing, sprinting. Nature doesn’t sprint into spring. And as I watch the natural world resting, cooling off, and slowing down, I know I need the same.
My plan for the rest of the year is to slow down, check in, and plan ahead. And if you feel the need for the same, here are four questions that might help.
1 thing to apply
Take a few minutes to reflect on the questions below so you can slow down, gain clarity, and set priorities for the rest of this year and for 2024. Write your answers in a journal, or jot down the questions on a sticky note as a regular reminder to pause and reflect.
3 main benefits
- Slowing down reduces stress and feelings of overwhelm.
- This enhances focus and provides clarity on what matters.
- It also gifts you the experience of peace and perspective.
5 minutes or less
Explore these 4 questions to slow down, check in, and plan ahead:
- How can I best use my limited time and waning energy?
- How can I make this simpler and easier for myself?
- What do I need to let go of (or make room for)?
- What support do I need to ask for right now?
A reminder: If you feel the need to stop pushing yourself so hard, remember that this doesn’t mean you’re complacent. The opposite of push is pull. It’s an act of re-centering, re-grounding, observing, and creating more space in your life for what’s important to you.
Conclusion: If slowing down and simplifying feel counterintuitive in this "go-go" season, trust that taking time now for reflection will pay off in renewed focus and energy for what matters most.
Your time and energy are your most precious resources. As always, thank you for sharing some of yours with me today.
Want to dive deeper? Here are 3 ways I can help:
1. If you want more clarity and focus, I'd recommend starting with our affordable self-paced courses:
- Intentional Productivity Masterclass: How to Find and Focus on the Right Things
- Self Care + Productivity Masterclass: Reduce Stress and Do More of What Matters
- Making Big Picture Decisions: 6 Expert Practices for Clarity and Confidence
- : full access to all courses at a discounted rate
2. If you're ready to build a full-scale personal productivity system, join our live 5-week program.
3. Want self care and mindfulness resources? Check out my books: